Nav Bar

Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

::DIY:: Fabric Bulletin Board


Hey Y'all!

Today is my first DIY!
I created this gorgeous Fabric Bulletin Board over the weekend and have been dying to put it up! I am planning to do a DIY every Sunday (assuming that we don't attend another Sunday night "rager" at  Melissss' place... Okay it's possible)! I hope you enjoy making this board! I have already put mine to good use!
 Yes! You did read that right! This awesome craft is super easy and only takes 30 minutes! It can also be very inexpensive!
What you'll need: Frame $30, Cork Board $7, Fabric Scraps, Glue Gun, 30 spare minutes
Honestly, you can use any frame. I happened to have this beauty laying around (for about 4 years, glad I finally put it to good use)! As you can tell, I purchased the cork board squares, you can also purchase it in a roll. I wanted a thicker cork and didn't mind piecing it together since it was going to be covered in fabric anyways.
Take the cardboard backing to the frame and lay it out. Place the cork on the backing, draw the outline and cut it out.
The easiest way to us utilize all materials and to stick the cork to the cardboard is to use the stickies that came with the cork. Place the cork on the stickies, make sure it is lined up and press hard! You might have to shave a little extra cork off to make it fit exactly in the frame.
Penny Marie helping me craft!
It's not the prettiest thing (the cork board, not Penny Pies! She's gorgeous!) but you are covering it with fabric.
Rooney decided he wanted in on the action!
Lay the your cork on your fabric and trace the outline. Add a 1 inch allowance (you can faintly see the 2 pink lines).
 Cut along the 1 inch allowance.
The pups LOVE crafting!
Go around the allowance and cut to the inside line. You can cut about every 1.5-2 inches depending on how round your frame is. (If you have a square or rectangle frame, just cut slits at the corners, the fabric will fold nicely on the straight edges.) Now time to start gluing!
I'm pretty sure she wants me to make her something special with the extra fabric!
When you're done gluing it should look something like this! (Not pretty but once again you won't see it!)
The front should look a little like this!
 Place it in your frame and hang it up!
Start posting lovely pictures, notes to yourself, whatever your little heart desires!!!

 Let me know how your bulletin board turns out!
Have a fabulous Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment