Nav Bar

Image Map

Sunday, March 10, 2013

::DIY:: Animal Magnets

Hey y'all!

This has been a CRAZY productive Sunday {DIY's, new stuff added to my Etsy Shop, moving friends in to be our neighbors} but it has been a great wrap up to a great weekend! 

Today's DIY reminds me of my super sweet & sassy mother-in-law. She lives in Oklahoma & has 3 beautiful horses!
Legend, Sandman, & Flagman
Awwwww, I miss these guys! 

ANYWAYS, the DIY is.... 
{insert drumroll here}
Plastic horses 12 pk $7, Spray Paint $ 7, Magnets $1.50
You can use any animals you please, but I was quite inspired by/ LOVE horses!
These did come in a 12 pack, but I ended up only making 5 magnets... By the way, I love them on my fridge!
I decided to use this old cookie tin from to hold the figurines while I spray painted them. I do live in an apartment & I know that they would not appreciate me spray painting the concrete!
Spray paint the figurines, let dry, spray the other side. You may have to do a couple of coats & spray the tops of the horses in the end to make sure they are fully covered.
Now you choose which side you want to face out when they are hanging on the fridge. Once you choose, place that side down on the table
Hot glue the magnets to the "back" of the horses, but make sure that they do not show from the desired "front" side. Once the magnets are on glued on then you're all done!
I love them so much! They are so cute! You can do these in any color with any animal, although I do recommend the horses!

Another exciting addition to my shop is on the working side! 
I bought this baby at Ikea and it has been amazing! Slightly Brilliant is so organized! 

No comments:

Post a Comment