Nav Bar

Image Map

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

::Whimsical Wednesday::

Hey y'all! 

Since it is Wednesday {YAY!} I thought I would talk about things that make me HAPPY!

-Good Food-
Good food is definitely something that makes me ecstatic! Possibly too much sometimes but I'm okay with that! Last week I made Coconut Macaroons for a bake sale at Mattie's squadron. I am a die hard coconut fan & macaroons are probably my favorite way to gobble it up!
Real Simple Recipe
 If you hare a fellow coconut connoisseur, I will share my super-duper-secret-hidden {not so hidden... it's from Real Simple magazine} recipe.

Ingredients

large egg whites 
1/2  cup  sugar 
1/2  teaspoon  pure vanilla extract 
1/4  teaspoon  kosher salt 
1  14-ounce package sweetened shredded coconut {about 5 cups}

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 325° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or foil {make sure you coat the foil with baking spray or use non-stick foil... those buggers won't let go}.
  2. Vigorously whisk together the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl until glossy, foamy, and the sugar is mostly almost dissolved. Fold in the coconut, stirring until evenly combined.
  3. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the batter in mounds {about 2 tablespoons each} 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes, then rotate and bake for another 8 minutes.  Move to the top rack for 5 minutes then rotate until golden brown; let cool completely. The macaroons will keep for up to 5 days at room temperature in an airtight container. 
 -Shopping-
I know, its a total cliche, but shopping can be very relaxing and I love to do it! I love shopping for others or for my home more than for myself {Christmas shopping = pure bliss}. 
Here is one of my favorite places to sling my dough!
H&M
H&M
I love H&M so much! Unfortunately, they don't have an online store {OH THE HUMANITY!}. You  are able view their products on their website then begin the mad search for it in their store. On the up side, they're clothes are super cute and fairly priced!
 
-Beach-
 
Maybe it's because I grew up in land-locked Oklahoma, but if I could, I would spend EVERY waking moment at the beach! I honestly don't mind being covered in sand and I love getting in the freezing water with my penny pies! I definitely want to take off work NOW and head there!

-Bad "Reality" Television-
I don't like all bad reality TV, but my mom got Mattie and I sucked into Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Vanderpump Rules. It is one of the best parts of a Monday!
Bravo TV
  Mattie always says he loves watching RHOBH because it makes him feel better about our life. It is pretty sad that they have all this money and a ton of drama but as Biggie always says "Mo money, mo problems".
Bravo TV
Vanderpump Rules is a juicier, more scandy version of the Hills! Need I say more?
It's about a bunch of 20 & 30 somethings that are too pretty for their own good. They are ALL drama magnets & have completely ridiculous problems!

-Anything Adorable-
Whether it be a baby, an animal or a baby animal, I am a sucker for adorableness!
Searching for a pic for this was an instant pick me up! So precious!

Hooray for Hump Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment