Nav Bar

Image Map

Sunday, February 17, 2013

::DIY:: Glitter Wood Letters

Hey Y'all

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, I know we did! 

I, for one, LOVE this week's DIY, and I'm super excited to share it with you! I was doing some spring cleaning and found these wooden letters that I bought forever ago! This project is very inexpensive and easy, although it does take a while. Good news! It's time consuming because you are literally waiting for paint to dry, but you don't have to watch it (I did some cleaning, cooking and relaxing while it dried). 
Alrighty! Let's get started!!!
 Like I said, I found these laying around (yes the "E" was pink)... I remember having plans to paint them RED but fell in love with the idea of the glitter! 
Unless you sand the letters (which I didn't) you're first coat will be pretty streaky!
 I had to do 2 coats to make the color solid!
 When it comes to the glitter you can either apply it with glue or paint. I did another coat of black paint and applied the glitter.
 For a less messy project, I advise using a cookie sheet with foil (it makes for an easy clean up).
You just have to let the paint/glue & glitter combo dry, then time to hang!!!
 To ensure that your glitter doesn't just fall off willy nilly, you will want to do a top clear coat.
Once again, I LOVE the new addition to my kitchen!
I hope you're inspired to make your own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment