Nav Bar

Image Map

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

::Top 5 SoCal Resturants::

Hey Y'all

Today is one of those Wednesdays that feels like a Monday {Oh the HUMANITY}!
To brighten this "hump day", here are my Top 5 SoCal Resturants!

5} Almost any Sushi
SoCal is a great place to get sushi! The little hole in the wall place near my work is very yummy, as well as the fancy places downtown. I love sushi, so the fresh fish is a definite plus {especially compared to Oklahoma sushi}. I say "almost any sushi" because there are definitely places I wouldn't go. You just have to use your best judgement or let someone else be the ginny pig!

4} Lil' Piggies BBQ Coronado
Lil' Piggies BBQ Coronado
Lil' Piggies is the closest to good BBQ we can get in California! They are delicious {even though they don't have fried okra} and reasonably priced! Their pulled pork, sausage links, potato salad and corn fritters are my favorite things! The view is pretty awesome too! It sits on the bay side of Coronado and has an amazing view of Downtown! 

3}Slater's 50/50
Slater's 50/50 111 Beers on Tap
Slater's 50/50 refers to the burgers having 50% hamburger & 50% ground bacon {GENIUS}! Along with designing your own burger, you can also get incredible Fried Mac & Cheese Bites. Their Tapatio Ranch has inspired Mattie to make his own {it's pretty damn close if you ask me}. They have and astonishing selection of 111 beers on tap. Decent prices and a great atmosphere, we definitely love to hang out here!

2}Island Prime
View from Island Prime
The first time we went to Island Prime was on our wedding day! Hands down the best Lobster Bisque that I have every had! Everything I have had has been amazing! They are a bit pricey so I advise going for lunch. The view is just as incredible as the food. We have returned many times since our wedding day and have always had an amazing experience! I hope you are able to try it!

1} Cafe 222
Cafe222
We frequent Cafe222 quite often. It is a precious little place that has the most AMAZING breakfast food! They are only open until 1:45pm every day, so of course quite busy on the weekends. Any day Mattie and I have off during the week, we head there for lunch {after 11:30} to get their phenomenal chili! They have everything from PB & Banana French Toast to Chicken Fried Steak & Potatoes!
If you are in SoCal... You MUST visit Cafe222!
You have no choice!

I hope when/ if you're in SoCal you check out all of these places! I'm pretty picky so you know their worth a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment