Nav Bar

Image Map

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

:: Travel Tuesday::

Hey Y'all!

This is one of my FAVORITE things to talk about! As I mentioned last week, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel! Today is about traveling in the U.S. 
I'll talk about 2 places that I visited and loved, a couple of amazing websites to use and places that I'm dying to visit!
Hopefully you'll get inspired to plan a trip of your own!

Been there... Did that... LOVED it!
Savannah, Georgia
Savannah Theater
Chippewa Square.... Where Forrest Gump was filmed
The sun through Spanish Moss
Cargo Ship on the Savannah River Channel

General Robert W. Anderson 1835-1888 Fearless and Faithful
Turner... Super sweet and well behaved pup at the Grateful Hound
We visited Savannah in Summer 2012 for our family reunion on Tybee Island, GA. Despite the horrid humidity, it was beautiful! It is so full of history and has that old southern charm! 
We ate at some delicious places: Fiddler's Crab House & J. Christopher's Brunch
There are so many things to see in Savannah, but here were a few of my favorites: Chippewa Square, River walk, Bonaventure Cemetery & The Grateful Hound {DUH! I love pup stuff}.

Tybee Island, Georgia
Lovely photo of the light house by Allison T.
Feeding the Birds by Allison T.
Marshlands between Savannah and Tybee Island
My AMAZING {and enormous} family! Part of it anyways!
Gorgeous Georgia sunset at the river house
Live sand dollar
Tornado sirens going off and we all just sit around!
Ruined my plans...
River House sunset
Tybee Island was a BLAST! It is a tiny island that is only about 2.5 miles wide. Of course any trip is blast when you are spending almost all day everyday on the beach, but there were so many other things you could do that made it fun! We would ride our bike all over the island and climbed the light house! Also, my mom made us shirts that said "Tybee Island Bomb Squad and Scuba Team" due to the lost bomb off the coast {you should really read the story on that}. 
Some great places to eat or get a drink are: The Crab Shack, Sting Ray's, Breakfast Club & Benny's Tybee Tavern (It's a Tybee Thang).
If you just happen to be in the area of Coastal Georgia, I advise stopping by Savannah & Tybee Island! You won't be disappointed!

So you're going on a trip?!?
Gasbuddy.com
Trip Calculator
I LOVE Gasbuddy.com's trip calculator is such a huge help! You can put in your starting point and destination and it will tell you the cost of your gas for the trip! It is pretty accurate and helps you set a budget for your road trips!
There is also a Gasbuddy App!!! I use it when we are on the road to check the closest/cheapest gas station.

Airbnb.com
Find Great Places to Stay!
Airbnb.com has become one of my all time favorite websites to visit when traveling! For our Ireland/Paris 2013 trip, we have been surfing this lovely website to find cheap BnB's to stay in. Safer than a hostel and much more inexpensive than a hotel. You can see the location and price for your exact dates. They also have ratings of the different places {which is great to see who is awesome and who stinks}!

Can we please go? Like now?
Mossbrae Falls, California
Mossbrae Falls, Dunsmuir, California
A picture of these incredible falls caught my eye on Pinterest one day and I have been dying to visit them ever since! Mattie thinks I'm a little crazy that I would be willing to take the 12 hour trip north to see them during a 3 day weekend, but life is an adventure! 
They are located just outside of the town of Dunsmuir, California. It's only about a mile or two hike to the falls and totally worth it! 
I cannot wait to visit them!

Wyoming
Grand Tetons National Park, Wyoming
As I get older, I realized I love big-city-life as much as I thought, but I crave to travel to quite, peaceful places. That is why I am drawn to Wyoming... That and my friend Haley who post's pictures of her home town on Facebook {GORGEOUS}! I'm not saying that I would want to visit during the winter, but it seems quite amazing in the summer months! 

Let me know where you're DYING to go and what your FAVORITE travel sites are!
Hope you have an awesome Tuesday! Remember... it's better than Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment