Nav Bar

Image Map

Friday, February 22, 2013

::Fashion Friday:: Leather

Hey Y'all!

Over the past couple of months, I have fallen in love with almost everything LEATHER! If you go to any store fashionista kind of store, you will see it everywhere!  Jackets, pants, skirts, boots, sandals, accessories, & tiny accents have flooded the scene and I'm loving every minute!
 Last night, Nina Garcia tweeted "The truth is that one of the key trends for next fall is: leather", which made me so super happy since I had been planning this day all week!

The best part about leather now-a-days is that it's not just for the bad ass bikers, but also for the ultra-fem lass who wants a hint of edge! It can definitely be worn with class!
You can get leather at any price point, which is great for those of us who are ballin' on a budget!


Here are some examples of my favorite uses of leather!
 Jackets:
Refined Style
 I love this look, but black is my favorite color! I love the jacket with all the layers. I tend to rock my leather jacket this way!
Refined Style
If black is my favorite color, mint is a close second {tied for second anyways}. This is such an adorable look! the soft color with the rough zipper edges & studs, give that look of sweet but sassy! My favorite way to look!
Refined Style
 As you can tell, leather can come in any color {YAY for modern technology}! It is usually a fun twist, but on occasion can go very wrong... I.E. pepto pink... BLEH! I love this Maroon! Super classy!
Tumblr
I would totally rock this going to the airport or running errands around town! A chic spin on casual for sure!

Bottoms:
Media Cache
 I have yet to brave the the leather pants, but I blame not finding the right pair for me! Warning: if worn incorrectly, they can be very trashy. Make sure to cover your lady bits and pair with classy items!
Refined Style
 Black & Mint: HEAVEN!
Refined Style
 Like I said above, going trashy with leather bottoms is very easy... It's all about what you pair with it! Love this look!
Refined Style
 This look is very border line but I couldn't resist {the jacket is my favorite part, even though it's not leather}! The shorts are cute but this outfit depends very much on where you are wearing it! I would love to see this as a casual look with a white v-neck. You can NEVER go wrong with a white v-neck!
Accessories:
Southern Belle
I NEED these sandals. I don't think I need to explain why these are cute!
Refined Style
If I was a big-bag-kind-of-girl, this would be my bag! Not simply because it's Chanel but I love the color and the trademark Chanel quilting... Also it being Chanel helps!
Shop Linda's Stuff
 I am pretty sure that leather boots are close to being the best invention ever! They come in many different colors, styles and I can guarantee that everyone can find a pair that they like. Many pairs can be worn dressed up or casual, which is what EVERY girl needs!
Michael Kors
 This is my current crossbody... I love it so much! The leather is soft and it is perfect for everyday. Honestly, why do girls haul around giant bags? This fits everything I need!
Accents:
Media Cache
 Right behind leather boots, elbow patches were a pretty great invention too! Despite the functionality, they are the cutest things! I love the soft heather grey jersey matched with the hard look of the leather... Once again sweet & sassy!
Whale You Be My Friend
 This is a new-ish trend that I am fully supporting. It gives a regular pair of jeans some edge without compromising aesthetics.
Harper's Bazaar
 I feel as though the detailing on this peacoat definitely take it to the next level. Instead of being a normal boring coat {that every one has seen over and over} it now has some edge & makes it more interesting!
Tierdropp

Another trend that I am supporting 150% is this type of leather detailing! It adds interest and a bit of edge to the classic white button up. Can I get this in a size small please?!?!

As suggested by my amazing sister {remeber the featured beauty from yesterday's post}, here is one of my sketches! 
  I love simplicity and the aesthetics of the leather definitely helps make your simple outfit edgy! 

I hope you love leather as much as I do or are inspired to check it out next time you shop!
 Have a FABULOUS weekend! I expect nothing less!

No comments:

Post a Comment